NexentaCore Platform 2.0 RC1 released
This is to announce availability of NexentaCore Platform 2.0 RC1.
The interesting feature addition in this release is experimental
128-bit processor support.
Further information at http://www.nexenta.org/os/x86_128_support
We’ve also fixed many bug and resolved issues since the last beta release.
* OpenSolaris build 104+ based with critical patches.
* Over 13000 packages in the repository, thanks to the autobuilder.
* Smooth upgrade path from NCP1.
* Community driver efforts bringing xorg, xfce4 and gnome-core into
* Based on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron) repository
* This includes latest dpkg/apt, gcc, binutils, coreutils,
perl, python, ruby, Qt libs, GTK libs, etc
* SMF support added for server applications like apache, mysql,
postgresql, exim4, etc.
* 100% native Debian environment, easy to upgrade, easy to use.
* Includes Vim and screen by default.
* Addition of latest devzone version to the CD.
* Includes apt-clone which brings zfs power to apt-get.
[Direct iso: http://www.nexenta.org/releases/nexenta-core-platform_2.0-b104-rc1_x86.iso.zip]
IRC #nexenta @ freenode
Package listing: http://builder.tajinc.org/?f=repository_status (Autobuilder)
* NexentaStor 1.1.6, a distribution based on NCP1.0 stable has been
released : http://www.nexenta.com
The Nexenta Team
Comments are closed.