Super OS 9.10
Super OS (formerly: Super Ubuntu) is just a modified version of Ubuntu 9.10 (see: Super OS and Ubuntu) with the goal of making it more usable and trying to remain compatible with Ubuntu.
Features compared to Ubuntu:
- Patched with 169 updates released for Ubuntu 9.10
- Better Multimedia Support: VLC, support for DVD-playback, MP3 support and for other formats, like QuickTime video, Real video, Windows Media Video, Flash Video, DivX, Xvid, (.mov, .wmv, .flv, .avi, etc…) etc…
- Internet software: aMSN, Opera, Google Chrome, Skype, Firefox with Flash and Moonlight
- Portable Applications available (RUNZ included)
- Programs are easier to run: App Runner is included
- Mount tar.gz/.zip/.rar/.iso files with File mounter
- Other software: Java, Ubuntu Tweak, GParted (+ NTFS support)
- System beep is disabled
- Super OS now has it’s own repository, in addition to the official Ubuntu repositories
- Live USB creator (cd2usb) right from the DVD menu (see second image)
- Most commonly used KDE and QT libraries included (for easier deployment of software and portable apps)
To create a Live USB, just use usb-creator (already included on Super OS itself), or cd2usb (already included on the DVD – see image on the right)
Wubi was removed from Super OS 9.10 because some ubuntu updates “kill” wubi and wubi was not working. Maybe it is fixed by the time of Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid lynx)?
Comments are closed.